Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

X3 Purchase

Discussion in 'E83 X3 (2004-2010)' started by BIMMIR, Dec 10, 2008.

BIMMIR guest

I think I've just bought an X3. We've been looking awhile, new and used. It is a 2007 CPO with a stick shift. When you want a stick your options are much more limited. I was just about to flip for a new one and spend the money. Then, we found an 07 with only 10k miles. The car was bought at this dealer and serviced there since new, one owner. It was like a third vehicle that they didn't drive much. $28,495.
    More than I wanted to go, but a great car with a great history, and 12k less than new.
    My wife drove it last weekend, I'm on my way to drive it.

I'm pretty pleased with the deal, what do you think?

CEichhorn

Sounds good to me. Even better depending on options.

Ike

granthr

Sounds great! Good for you holding out for a manual! :D I wish more people would do that when buying new. There would then be more manuals out there for those of us who buy used!

I am confused about dealer serviced though? So in other words at 10K miles it has never been serviced! :D Just a jab at BMWs "free" service that they promote. Get that motor, trans, and diff oil changed now if you are going to keep this for the long haul.

GR

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Bargain X3

An X3 stick with only 10,000 miles? You DID make a great find! But they're right about fluid changes---including transmission and differential. These days the M cars are the only ones that the dealers change those fluids in after break-in. If you have no records of them being changed, this is the ideal time for it---and pretty cheap for peace of mind.

Now put some winter boots on it and go looking for snow. . . .

BIMMIR guest

About 1500 miles later, all is good!
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the X3. I wanted a 328xi but as she's happy, maybe she'll leave my convertible alone. (once it comes out of hibernation)

You guys are right, not much service needed. Although, there are more things included in the X3 program than my 3 series convertible. For example, this car had a brake flush already as part of the program.