Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Wonky Power Mirror Behavior

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by arcsound, May 4, 2019.

arcsound

My 2006 325 convertible has suddenly developed a problem with the power mirrors. Well, maybe not so suddenly, in that I first noticed an issue when the passenger tilted down into the "reverse" position, but did not tilt back up when I went into "Drive", so I had to manually (electrically....) move it back up. I don't drive this car frequently, so when I went to use it again a few weeks later, the mirrors would now not move at all, both sides. And today, a few months later, they kind of worked, but I had to switch to the "left" mirror with the selector to get the "right" mirror to move vertically up. And the other directions, when moving either mirror, did not correspond to the "normal" control inputs.
    Does anyone have a clue what is going on here? Thanks in advance!

[IMG] [IMG]

charlson89

Possible switch issue. I have seen these go bad before but it could be wiring in the door to the module for the mirrors. I would start by swapping the switch if you have another friend with a e46 to see if the issue fixes itself.