Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

With No Spare, You’re Flat Out Of Luck?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by greagan, Dec 19, 2012.

greagan

Paul Duchene's article takes issue with BMW's (and other manufacturers') decision to no longer place real-non-compact-spare tires in their cars. I concur, but to me the larger problem is that manufacturers make it difficult for owners to reverse that omission given that there is no tire well and no jack ( I bought the jack kit). Along with buying a fifth wheel and tire, owners pretty much have to buy a tire bag to keep trunked items clean, and a set of hold-down straps to keep the tire/wheel from sliding around and damaging things. And by the time all these items are added, there is very little trunk room left over. I'm okay with manufacturers deciding to omit spares, but I wish they would include a tire well so that owners could reverse that decision if they chose to do so. The choice should be left to the owner.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Depends on what you're looking for, I guess. I have now put over 40,000 miles on the roadster with no spare, no jack, and no tire tools. . . other than a compressor and a can of goo. I will buy the new Dynaplug Pro as soon as it's available---two, actually, one for the roadster and the other for the 335i, which no longer has run-flats. http://www.dynaplug.com/