Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Windshield replacement recommendation

Discussion in 'Puget Sound Chapter' started by ronkirkland, Apr 13, 2018.

ronkirkland

I need to replace my 2002 E39 windshield. Any recommendations in the Seattle area?

MGarrison

Best bet for local recommendations would be through your chapter's website contacts, message forums if they have them, and/or social media. Some chapters have Facebook pages, others do groups - groups are more interactive since they're geared towards members seeing & posting responses. A page, anyone following the page may have to look at individual page posts on their own initiative vs. them being posted and notified to group members.

There's probably a lot of aftermarket sources for glass - I'm guessing BMW O.E. would be both the most expensive and the highest quality replacement, although I'd expect others to work just as well, at least generally speaking.

floydarogers

Eastside Mobile Auto Glass has always done a great job for me. They do Pilkington and Sekurit, which are BMW OEM. They work with your insurance, even call the insurance co. to do the claim.

http://www.eastsidemobileautoglass.com/

MGarrison

Or, Floyd ^^ :D (we actually have someone local to someone who's asking a question for a change!)
    floydarogers likes this.

charlson89

Just a note Pilkington is who makes BMW's windshields for most of there cars.