Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Windblocker Suggestions

Discussion in 'E36/8 Z3 M coupe (1998-2003)' started by BMRDRVR, Mar 29, 2010.

Has anyone installed a windblocker? I have a 2000 M Roadster and I'm looking at several types of windblockers; acrylic, lexan, mesh; some attach with velcro strips, others slide into brackets that are mounted to the roll hoops. What has been your experience? What do you like, dislike? Do you have to roll up the windows for them to be effective?

I use an ebay arcrylic wind blocker that mounts with velcro'ed nylon web straps to attach to the roll hoops. It definitely reduces the amount of buffeting in the cabin even with the windows down. (Real men don't drive with the top down and windows up)

I have a slight additional challenge since I have a set of aftermarket chromed steel roll hoops. So, the blocker doesn't fit perfectly, but it's still pretty good.

I've had it for 3 seasons and 2 trips from CT to Greenville so far and it is just now starting to show some stress cracking around the strap holes. Lexan may last longer, but you have to be REALLY careful with what you use to clean Lexan.

BMWtoyz guest

I have used both the mesh windscreen and the Lexan one from Roadster Solutions, the Lexan is by far the best out there. http://www.z3solutions.com/