Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Why I'm disappointed in BMWCCA National Office

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by jar631, Jul 6, 2021.

jar631

Here's my experience with BMWCCA:

I was a continuous member in good standing for over 12 years.

In 2020 I decided to save some money by paying for a 3 year renewal up front instead of the usual annual membership dues.

When COVID hit my retirement savings & assets took a big hit so 1 week after the 3 year renewal took effect I asked BMWCCA to cancel my membership and return my dues.

They dragged their feet for 4 weeks and then said after 30 days the dues were non refundable.

Even though I thought their position unreasonable, I agreed to forego return of the 1st year's dues, but what about returning the 2nd & 3rd year pre-paid dues? Surely the 30 day window doesn't apply to all 3 years? I was wrong.

BMWCCA flatly refused to return even $1 of my pre-paid dues AND wouldn't even discuss it.

THATS how BMWCCA treated its long time dues-paying member in good standing.

Thanks for reading my experience with BMWCCA.

bullsm313 guest

jar631,
    I agree they should have returned your dues (or portion thereof). I am unaware of a policy in the renewal process that says they will not refund. As a BMW owner and member of BMWCCA, I often read articles from those who boast about owning several BMW's and put up with motorists who feel we think we are snobbish. I worked hard for my money.....enjoy my M3 and try not to perpetuate the ill reputation that many feel about BMW owners. Sorry for your financial loss. I also cannot understand why there are no other comments from other members. I just read your post not having logged on for weeks.

Noel

jar631

Thanks for the kind words Noel. I was also not aware of the no refund policy, and because it's so buried on their web site, neither was my chapter President!

It's the national office that is the issue; not the local people....they are very nice.

I've had similar experience with some others in public acting toward us like we are snobs for owning a BMW.

I go out of my way to be courteous on the road to help dispel the image of BMW owners, but still get the "I smell something rotten" look from other drivers lol
    Happy motoring.

bullsm313 guest

Thank you as well, drive safe.