Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Where can I find body parts for 1987 M6 (E24)?

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by 365138, Jan 3, 2018.

365138 guest

Have a 1987 M6 E24 in decent shape, but looking to make showroom. Who can provide advice on where to find exterior body parts? I have searched the BMW US and Germany parts network and found some, but not all. Have also searched these websites with some success: www.bmwpartsfast.com, www.bavauto.com, www.bimmer.com, www.gobmwparts.com, www.oemautopartsandaccessories.com, www.pelicanparts.com, www.ebay.com, www.amazon,com.

Still looking for the following:
    - Right door molding: part#51131889486
    - Right side rear bumper End Cover: part# 51121859750
    - Left and Right Kidney Grilles: part#
    51131843687 , part#51131843688

Any advice you can provide will be much appreciated.

MGarrison

I try just googling part numbers, but perhaps you've done that - post what you're looking for on the other major BMW forums, and hunt up facebook groups too - bimmerfest.com, bimmerforums.com, bimmerpost.com, bimmerboard.com, mye28.com (yes, 5-er specific, but lotta expertise there & people might have something to steer you to), bigcoupe.com, post a wanted ad in the classifieds here (you get two free per month), and maybe even try seniorsix.org & e9coupe.com

It can be tough to find new parts like that, particularly if they're NLA from BMW. You might also want to try German ebay, ie: ebay.de You can go to translate.google.com and put in ebay.de, and get it translated. Right now I'm not sure if ebay.de itself has the option to switch to English (some foreign websites have whatever, plus English, etc.) I suppose you could see what German forums there are, but I wouldn't be surprised if relying on google translate to ask questions ends up a bit spotty.

365138 guest

Great input. I'll give those a try. Thanks!