Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

When a salesman promises you something, and doesnt follow through...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mister-X, Dec 14, 2011.

Mister-X

In my case the salesman verbally said that the car would come with a set of keys (as in 2) and an owners manual. Luckily I have a friend that works at that dealership and he confirmed after we signed all the paperwork that the car we chose only had 1 key when the car was given to them to sell as a used car (I didnt realize that he worked there until it was closing time). The salesman tells us (the wifey and I) that the used car manager went home already and that we'd have to check with him for the other key. My question is what would you guys/gals do, say F it and cough up the $$$ and get another key made or say F it and make the salesman follow through on his word?

Any questions or comments are more than welcomed. Oh, and if it matters the car we bought is a 2005 M5.

MGarrison

I wouldn't let the salesman off the hook - the salesman promised you two keys & a manual, and if he clearly understands that, if it were me, I'd tell him it's not your job to talk to the sales manager, it's his job to do that or do whatever is necessary to provide an additional key, and owner's manual, and, if he can't deliver, after that you'll talk to somebody else about it. If the salesman didn't check or know or do anything about getting a second key and manual for you before delivery, that's his problem, at least until you're forced to address it yourself. Ultimately you may find they don't deliver & you'll have to buy them.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

. . . and have you checked the price of a BMW fob lately?! :eek::eek::eek:

TeamStowell We love driving!

I agree... if it was a $4 Ford key I would not worry about it. At $120+ for a key and another $40 for an owners manual, I would hound them until I received them.