Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What do people do in terms of monitoring their maintenace?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by EdmundK, Oct 6, 2014.

EdmundK

Hi, When I start the car I get a quick message regarding mileage to service. The manual also describes going into the system and getting additional information. Is this what should be done? Do you still check fluids the old fashioned way?
    Don't worry I haven't driven for a year without opening the hood!
    2011 328i xdrive
    Love the car and intend on keeping it for a long time. Passed down my 2007 SAAB to my college age son, it has 218k and is still going strong.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Ed

charlson89

Yes do as what the car is calling for are you still under warranty? The car uses a system called CBS (condition based service) which basically means the car tells you what it wants. You can do this by looking in the cars information or taking your key into a BMW dealer and having it read out. Fluid on the vehicle are a little harder to check since there is no dipstick for engine oil an trans oil. Whats your current mileage and what does the call for? There can be joining services like brake fluid is do so is the microfilter. Let me know whats do and I can assist you with that stuff.

EdmundK

Hi, Thanks. I have 28,000 miles on my car. The service message which appears when I start my car says 1500 miles to service. I recently purchased this as a CPO with the remaining routine no charge maintenance up to 50,000 or 4 yrs.
    Thanks again. I just want to keep up on things and not make any dumb mistakes.