Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

wanted E30 1989-1991

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by 175306, Aug 9, 2008.

I just placed an ad in the marketplace. I am looking for a nice clean E30 1989-1991 325is or i model with a manual trans to be used a daily driver.
    Anyone have one or know someone that has an nice one for sale.
    Thanks
    Michael Kent

missmelyssa guest

Did you get one?
    I'm here in CA.
    I finally got one. 89 convertible with 187k on it.
    Ordered lotsa stuff to replace....better safe than sorry.

BIMMIR guest

Check this one out. Rust free from Tennessee. Asking $7k, I offered $5k via e mail, which they called within an hour and jumped on!
    I was looking for my daughter but I decided today not to buy it.
    Unfortunately, it's an automatic.

http://www.autotrader.com/ATCarID/AT-F433E4B

missmelyssa guest

Hold out for a stick

Dude, that's awesome.
    It's got baby miles on it and super clean.
    Unless you wanna do a swap (which I hear people do all the time), I'd hold off for a stick.
    I'm glad I did.
    I found SO MANY mint autos out there, but knew I'd be disappointed if I ever bought one.

granthr

True, but a tranny swap in an E30 is pretty easy. There is a guy here in PA that does them all the time for $1,500, including parts.

My 318i has 76K miles and my M3 has 75K :D Both are manuals, duh on the M3, I guess :D

tpbradley333 guest

There is a 87 325is here in StL MO for sale. The master tech at our dealership has owned it for a few years and everything works on it, including a/c! I have a set of 89 plastic bumpers from an 325i. This is a red ext/tan int with no paint fade spots. 5spd with all new parts 10k ago and the car has appx 190k miles. No rust above or below! In such good condition you can drive it home to anywhere. 1yr old tires on 14" bottlecaps. Lift available for your pre-purchase inspection, asking $2,500. Thomas
    314-568-1478

z31maniac guest

^'87s take modification to the rear bumper to fit plastics.

'88s on the other hand, are a direct bolt on.

granthr

I knew the early ones needed mods, but I didn't know that the 88s were a direct bolt on. That is great to know!!!!!! (In case I ever buy an 88, which is possible!) :D