Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Vintage Races at Mid Ohio June 26-28

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Dmarque, May 21, 2009.

Dmarque

Is BMWCCA going to have a coral at Mid Ohio for this event? Anyone else planning on going. A special call out to E39 owners and the 146 other owners of the 2003 540 M-Sport. Featured marque this year is the Mini Cooper. Should be a terrific event. If you've never been to Mid Ohio you are missing the reason for having a BMW!

Link to Mid Ohio Schedule: http://www.midohio.com/Schedule/Vintage-Grand-Prix-of-Mid-Ohio

Hope to hear from all CCA members!

Mark
    Dmarque

Dmarque

Boy, is this lack of response a sad commentary on membership enthusiasm? I am amazed that there was not one response except a direct email to inform me that there is NOTHING planned for the Mid Ohio event which I think is surprising. Hoping that when I get there I find that a local chapter will have established a coral for those CCA members to rally to. Should be a fun event ....Vintage Races my friends!! A Concourse de Elegance and the Mini Cooper as the featured marque! All good times.

Hope to see you there..... Link to Event: http://www.midohio.com/Store/Tickets/Event-Tickets/Vintage-Grand-Prix

Dmarque

CRKrieger

Probably not. I can think of at least a half dozen other reasons.

CSBM5

I doubt it is as much a commentary on enthusiasm as it is specific to your location versus who is a member of this board in that area. I haven't been to Mid-Ohio since 1981 and would love to go back sometime (but only to drive the course although I could see returning if they had a vintage IMSA event of some sort there), but it's a long drive from here (12 hrs).

Dmarque

Remember those great times.....by returning

So about 28 years since you've been there.....maybe about time for your return. I think my first time to Mid Ohio was in the mid-70s or so and continued going on until about the late 1980s. It' been awhile since I've been there myself. It's a great excuse for a nice drive in the summertime. A chance to see some great cars both on the tack and in the corals too. I'll always learn a little something from each trip....it can be a mechanical tweak or a maintenance tip, a historical fact or a chance to meet old friends and find some new ones that appreciate the BMW "marque" as much as I do.

Hope you decide to return again sometime. I always get there and say to myself....why weren't you here last year.....this is such a great venue!

Since 1981 there have been a number of great modifications...You'd appreciate seeing them I'm sure!!

Dmarque