Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Vibrating 2008 528i Sport

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by sdowinsky, Mar 27, 2009.

sdowinsky guest

My recently leased 2008 528i Sport has not idled smoothly since day one. When dropping down to idle speed quickly, the steering wheel and driver's seat would shudder. The dealer at first found no faults and did nothing at my first visit. On the second visit, the idle speed was increased to above spec, which only resulted in a constantly vibrating steering wheel at idle- whether cold or hot, whether in drive or neutral. The engine also feels less than silky smooth at low rpm's. Now I am told that there is a TSB involving new engine exhaust brackets to solve the rough idle problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or the TSB? Are there any other potential causes that the dealer may not be addressing? -- BTW: the three loaner cars I have had (328, 538) did not display this annoying engine/steering wheel/ driver's seat vibration.

Help!

eam3

At almost 26K miles my 535i idles as smoothly as can be and the other 5's I've driven were equally smooth and quiet at idle so there's definitely an issue with your car. I wish I could provide a better answer but that's all I've got.