Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Urgent advise needed

Discussion in 'Warranty questions' started by kostia, Sep 24, 2011.

kostia guest

Hello,
    I live in MA and have purchased a Certified 2008 550i over internet from NC dealership in January-February of 2009.
    The car was in service at my local dealership for routine maintenance and detailing. When picking it up the battery was discharged as well as the headlight error message was being displayed. Today I was notified, by the SA, that a headlight is actually damaged and the damage was caused over a period of time as a result of water corroding electronics inside the headlight assembly.

I was told that the seal on the headlight unit assembly is broken and this allowed for water to get inside and cause damage to the electronics, i.e. headlight was replaced or tempered with at some point. Given that I had no accidents, apparently the work has been done prior to the sale of the vehicle or else it was damaged by .... When purchasing the vehicle I made sure to ask if there were any repairs done on the car or if the car had any accidents and was told by your sales that it is in pristine condition and has not been in an accident.

Anybody has any suggestions on how to handle this? Should this be covered by BMW Certified warranty?

Thanks,

Kostia