Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Upper Midwest Tuners?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by BMRDRVR, Jun 22, 2010.

BMRDRVR

We don't seem to have any great BMW tuners in Iowa, but there are at least 3 Dinan dealers a couple hours from me in Illinois. Can anybody provide me with a referral for Dinan or otherwise? This is for my daily driver, a 2006 330Ci (zhp). Want it done right the first time. Thanks

BMRDRVR

Found one!

Perhaps there isn't a big call for Bimmer tuners in the upper Midwest, if the complete lack of responses to my post is any indication, but just in case there is one other lonely soul out there who, like me, is looking for said tuner, I have found one. The shop is Fall Line Motorsports in Northbrook, Il. They are polite, prompt and most important, seem to have their act together. They not only tune, they build and race Bimmers in the Grand Am and Continental series. They just had four cars in the Grand Am series in Virginia! These guys are pros and they are Dinan authorized installers. Mods, here I come!

BMRDRVR

It's gone ... and I couldn't be happier

That throttle-lagging, hobby-horsing, power-up/power-down sensation I got from the drive-by-wire throttle on my '06 330Ci ZHP is banished! Why a performance car company like BMW ever thought an electronic throttle with such poor characteristics was a good idea, or would ever let a car out of the factory with that setup, is beyond me. Anyway, it's gone.

I had the Dinan high-flow intake, free-flow exhaust and stage II software installed last week. I got exactly what I was looking for, which was more low-end torque, smoother acceleration and a better breathing engine. It's not real cheap, but if you find yourself as frustrated by DBW as I did, I can recommend this fix. The car definitely feels punchier and - this will sound odd - lighter, more nimble. I chalk up that up to the responsive acceleration.