Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Twn

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by twn535, Aug 18, 2009.

twn535 guest

Hi, recently purchased '08 535xi, my ipod works great but I have to re-plug it in each time I start car or it will not recognize it when I switch to USB...dealer says it is the type of player but I would think an Apple ipod would be pretty standard...
    thanks

CRKrieger

Is there a question here? :confused:

twn535 guest

fair point, should I have to unplug the ipod each time I shut car off for the stereo to pick up the link....does anyone have an ipod that the stereo picks up each time car is started without unplugging and replugging in ?

eam3

My mom has the iPod adapter on her 335i and she can just leave it plugged in all the time and it works fine.

twn535 guest

i-pod

turns out the Nano works fine but the Classic does not automotically sync....
    purchased a Nano and all is well.
    Now I am wondering if I should also buy a USB device so that the music
    is transferred onto the car's drive ....

eam3

Did the later '08s come with the internal drive? Mine's an early model so it does not.

twn535 guest

honestly don't know if mine is an early or a late......Apple store was great though, let me try the Classic for the day and then return it without the 10% restock fee.....took me 10 minutes....just be sure to try it a few times, sometimes it will work once but not twice...