Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Trying to find old service records from my car

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by shivan000, Aug 6, 2008.

shivan000 guest

I bought my 1997 328i in October with no service records. Dumb, I know, but I looked it over real good and everything looked in good shape. 15k miles later and nothing has exploded, so Im happy.

Anyway, I still want to get as much history on the car as I can. I've found out the following:

Car was sold new at Sterling BMW in LA, and serviced there for the first 30k miles.
    Car was serviced at Crevier BMW in LA between 30k and 90k miles
    Car had some work done at Irving BMW before the owner moved to the Toledo, OH area.

I bought the car at 131k miles.

One of the three dealers above might send me the information they have, since I sent them a copy of my title and registration to prove ownership. The others wouldn't even talk to me.

The local dealership looked it up, but wouldn't give me any specifics.

I've heard that the 'official' policy is not to give out service history, but why not? I don't want to know anything about the previous owners, I just want to know what was done to the car so I can plan accordingly.

If anybody has the ability to look this up, the last 8 of my VIN are VAV20554. Any help would be appreciated.

alotawatts

I tried to get records for my 97 Honda. I'm the second owner. Local car. The dealer purges records after about five years........Sh*t !