Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Touring Wagen

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Max Blast, Sep 19, 2009.

Max Blast guest

Hi all

New to the board and here's my question: Were E30 wagons imported into the US?
    I had a 85 325is that I regret selling to this day and just today watched an episode of Wheeler Dealers where they fixed up a 89' 325i Touring...and now I'm in lust. Why wagon? Well, I'm thinking fast yet practical.
    Thanks,
    Max

az3579

E30 Tourings are incredibly rare in the US, and were imports only. I think you can count on one hand how many there are here... either one or two hands, but definitely not more!

JackinMidtown guest

There actually was one for sale very recently on Ebaymotors. It was a nice looking ride and would be very unique to own in the states. I'd like to find one.

granthr

They were never officially imported into the USA. I am not sure about Canada though. You will find more there though, probably easier to individually import them into Canada compared to the US.

If you want one, keep your eye out and you will find one eventually. BUT, you won't have much in terms of choice of options or motor. The majority of the tourings made came with 4 cylinders, although I think the ones here in NA are mostly sixes. Also expect to pay more than 10k.

Or you could import one yourself!

Here is one I saw at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this past July. Unfortunately some BDBH (Refer to Chamberland) rear ended him on the way there. He was from Canada and was planning to fix it.