Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Top Gear?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Deutsch Marques, Nov 23, 2010.

az3579

I think the 2nd episode was better than the first. There's a bit more of a spark in the 2nd one, though I agree that the politically-correct nature of the show is going to be a problem in the comedy department.

Hopefully they lighten up at some point...

tiFreak

not since he heard that Cameron Diaz had one :D

Brian A

Are the original prehistoric Top Gear episodes with Tiff Needell and Vicki Butler-Henderson available anywhere?

Deutsch Marques

I also wonder if the US version is going to hamstring itself by not being able to give honest "reviews" on cars. If they always have to stay positive lest they risk losing sponsors and loaners from manufacturers' press fleets, then we'll wind up with another Motor Week. I love it when the gang on TGUK really tell you what they think about a car, whether it is complete rubbish or not.

M3Driver guest

I watched the episode last night about the bootleggers in NC.

Sorry, still not getting it and cut it off about about 15 minutes....:(

eam3

I think it's getting better. Adam Ferrara has definitely stood out as the most comfortable in front of the camera. I guess his comedy background helps because his delivery of the jokes was definitely more natural. Every time Tanner or Rutledge would deliver their jokes there was always a 1 or 2 second awkward silence as if the cue cards read "wait for laughter" - which sadly wasn't there. They actually need better writers as all the "jokes" were so old they could vote.

I have a feeling that they are following their script too closely so it still looks awkward. On the plus side, it looks as if they are starting to bond and create a real friendship. The next step is dumping the scripts (at least until they learn to act more naturally) and just let them be. Tanner is the one in most need of improvement, he comes across as having next to no personality right now and no amount of driving ability will overcome that.