Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tires for M3

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by wanesso, Jun 23, 2010.

wanesso

Having gone thru two sets of Michelin Pilot Sports in <25,000 miles I am looking for a more durable performance tire. Particularly those less than $400 each.... Anyone have advice?
    19" wheels, E92 coupe

tkavassalis guest

Bridgestone has a good option

I have found the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position to be a good option. Performance is close to the PS2, but life is longer and cost is much less.

SBrasesco

I have replaced my PS2s with Yokohama ADVAN Sports...while not as grippy as PS2's they def. wear much much better and are very good tires in wet as well as dry....a bit noisy though.

M3Driver guest

stefanoale guest

Bridgestone RE-11s

Not much cheaper but they seem to be wearing well especially with aggressive driving (track days not on the street). They also performed as well or better on track. PS2s may still have a small edge in the rain.
    Cheers,
    Stefano

BIMMIR guest

I've heard Kohmo ASX tires are pretty good and cheap.

I've been researching too and have heard good things about this one. They also have a new one, I think the LE sport. Another one I've heard about is the Hankook V12 EVO.

JeffNNJ guest

Had them on my E46 M3.....Awesome tires.

golgothar guest

Hankook V12 EVO

+1 for these tires as they are 90% of the tire the P2 is (major difference being ride comfort) at 60% the cost. I run them at 255/35/19 and 275/35/19 with no issues.
    Overall they have been a very solid tire except they were a little scary in the rain sub 300 miles.

kloh guest

jrodgolfer guest

Continental DSW Extreme is an excellent tire. Great grip and very little road noise - I'll buy them again.