Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tire shop or internet?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Autohaus, Feb 19, 2009.

?

How do you buy your tires?

Online 25 vote(s) 67.6%
Tire Store 12 vote(s) 32.4%

M3Driver guest

Tire Rack

'nuff said....I've used the Tire Rack for years...Great folks and service...

granthr

Just giving you a hard time! :D I think tire rack is great. Always helpful and knowledgable. I will always use them.

gallabmw

Re buying online or store!

I like to go into the tire shop and look at the tire in person check there price and then search the web. I have found discount tire direct is the best with prices and free shipping to my door step. The local discount tire installs and only charge me for balancing!

SBrasesco

+1 on Tire Rack.....nice discounts!!...and they ship directly to my installer who happens to be recommended by them...very helpful staff.

lcjhnsn

Although I certainly acknowledge the Tire Rack's contribution to the BMW community, I like using a local tire shop.

The "Tire Store" in East Lyme CT (about 15 miles from home) will meet the Tire Rack price and I have somebody relatively local to do an A1 installation job.

catfish454 guest

I put in an order yesterday morning with Tire Rack on a set of Michelin Pilot A/S +'s to replace the run-flats that came on the car. I received a call this morning that they had arrived at my installers location! Can't ask for faster than that. Also, when I calculated all costs (tires, shipping, mounting, balancing, etc.), I ended up saving $136 on the set. What's more, my local NTB & Merchant's Tire only stocked the front tires and needed to order the rears and said it would take a week. All in all, I'm thrilled with my first Tire Rack experience.