Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by larryj50, Jul 28, 2008.

larryj50 guest

On May 31, I took delivery of a new '08 535xi sport wagon. On the way home, it was a little rough riding and I just thought this was its nature. Well, 2,000 miles later I discovered that the cold tire pressure was 48 psi in every tire. Recommended was 33 front and 41 back. My first mistake was trusting my dealer to check something as basic as tire pressure. My second mistake was not checking before 2,000 miles. I can only imagine what the tire pressure was on a 90 degree day on the interstate. Do you think that I could have damaged or affected the tires or the cars suspension by driving with these pressures? By the way, the dealer was Midwestern BMW in Dublin, OH.

az3579

The suspension shouldn't be all that phased it being a brand new car and all, but I'd be worried about the tires. 44 psi cold must mean somewhere around 46-48 psi when warmed up on a normal day. You will probably have some uneven tread wear, with more wear in the center of the tire. I don't think 2000 miles is all that much to have severe wear on it, but if you have run-flats, every mile counts...