Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bmwsampc, Dec 21, 2008.

bmwsampc

Hey everyone, thanks again for the advice/info on this forum. I have an e90 wagon and I plan on putting some new wheels on it this spring. When I build a package on tirerack.com, I don't see anything about TPMS. I guess I'm confused as to what the system entails on this car. Thanks!

Devilsown guest

From what I understand the TPSM is the same sensor as the ABS sensor, and the traction control for that matter (at least in the mini) The Sensor or pulse genarator as some call it read the number of revolutions the wheel or axel is making, if a tire go's flat, or spins at a diffrent rate, depending on the situation (braking, driving, accelerating) the system will act as nessasary. So if you gett bigger wheels or what have you just reset the monitoring system, so It can read the new wheels and you should be fine.

NOW if the car has it where it actualy reads the PSI from the time ignore what I just said