Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The "Marketplace" is Horrible

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by chicane, Jul 3, 2008.

chicane

The marketplace is the most ridiculous piece of work i have ever seen. It is too busy and too difficult to find anything.

Why not just create a set of classified sub-forums using the existing software like this:
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

sunnyandrich

+1

For sale or WTB ads should be a part of the regular forum set.

That way when I click "view new posts" the ads pop up through the forum listing as I'm reading them.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

It lost one of my ads!

chicane

How hard is it to just create a classifieds subforum? Hello.

Jonathan Spira guest

But a regular sub-forum won't necessarily flow the adverts into the Roundel.

EuroWerkz1

Good point, so forget the frikin Roundel! :confused:

The lead time for that truly is rediculous and if 20% of the cars in there are still for sale when the magazine hits the mail box I'd be shocked. It's time to run not walk into the 21st century for this club. All the ads should be on-line only and current, the club could save the money from the unused Roundel pages, and I don't know, spend it on pay raises for staff, more staff, the membership?
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Hear hear. Also, I just checked and the 43 ads that were there when I was browsing yesterday afternoon have shrunk first to 40 when I complained about my lost ad, now down to 25! I doubt that in less than a day that 18 items items (mostly cars) have been sold. In the immortal words of Phillip J Fry, "Fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it...fix it, fix it, fix it!"
    • Staff

steven s