Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Swirl Marks After Collision Repair

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by mdeeds71, Sep 23, 2012.

mdeeds71

I have a 2012 550i in Carbon Black with 3200 miles. My wife had a $3k collision damage to the L. Rear Fender and upon picking it up it had severe rotary buffer swirl in the clear coat along the whole left side. The car upon delivery had the same swirl as new due to someone using a buffer to the areas that were wrapped for transport...took it 3 weeks to get at least a 90% solution.

Here is my issue. The car also has a few call backs due to not repairing/replacing certain door parts as well as issues with not being cleaned (compound even on the seats)...not to mention the swirls.

I am looking to see if anyone has a shop in the Easton/Allentown PA, NJ, up state NY area that would treat the finish well enough to get the swirl out the best. I am looking at just paying someone to do the actual swirl removal...not trusting the ones that put it in there (Thompson in Doylestown PA)...