Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Strut brace choices?

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by azmirm5, Apr 25, 2008.

azmirm5 guest

All, I have a '02 M3 that I am looking to add a strut brace. Any recommendations and prices if available. Thanks

330indy1

CryNoMo guest

I like the OEM strut version, they are about $295 msrp... but watch for them as takeoffs from m3forums, e46fanatics etc..you can get them as low as $150 (Ms and non-M struts bar are different btw, so be careful)

snikwad guest

ACS strut brace FTW. I have one and I love it.

I want to get a rear brace tho. Not sure if it'll fit with all the stuff in my trunk tho :(

M3Driver guest

OEM would be my choice; engineered for the car and all that. Plus you get the CCA discount.

snikwad guest

I think brands like ACS, hamman, Rogue, Dinan, but in a fair share of R&D to make theirs exceed OE standard. Besides, my boy has a M3 and his just frikin snapped one day. He opened the hodd and it just cracked. Like wtf over.

JustinPo85 guest

They don't do much back there ya know, its mostly a look thing...

M3Driver guest

I've heard that the rear brace is really good if you (1) track the car (2) It's a convertible of some kind.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Installed a rear one for a customer once. With the addition of front and rear braces on his E36 M3, he was definitely faster at the track. Unfortunately, he got the red mist going and totalled the car at VIR.

JustinPo85 guest

Yes for E36's and convertible's I understand it helps alot but for e46 coupes my opinion (developed from run's in friend's and my M3 both on street and track) there seemed to be little difference, I will say we don't track a ton though perhaps there is a real difference there.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Come to think of it, it probably makes a difference on the E36s with fold down rear seats because that bulkhead is compromized, but maybe not so much on the regular ones.

Ortiz_James guest

Ebay ACS replica strut bar $150.

BlueAngel M3 guest

I like the Dinan as well, but I prefer a nice carbon fiber one. I haven't seen to many out and it would be nice if someone posted a pic of one. :)