Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Stolen!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Autohaus, Mar 4, 2010.

Autohaus guest

My father borrowed my e28 so he can have his e34 serviced for a few days. When he dropped off the car at my house, I noticed two center caps were missing. I then approached the other side and saw that the other two were missing as well :mad:. I hope whoever stole them are happy with them at least. Does anyone have a set of center caps (e34 basketweave style-535i and 95 525i version)? Yes, I did look on mye28 but nobody haz them for sale. Looking for a deal since I am still unemployed :rolleyes:

az3579

That's why you have to do what I did; paint the centers Nogarosilver and leave the lip silver. This way, nobody's gonna steal those caps and have mismatched caps on their wheels! :p

tiFreak

it was probably some low life who think the BMW logos will look cool on his bedroom wall :rolleyes:

Autohaus guest

Do it when it gets warmer outside in the driveway.

My father lives in a very quiet neighborhood so I doubt it was at his place. I suspect it was done at his job. It is a very big parking lot (IBM) but they also have plenty of temp workers from Manpower so I believe a temp worker took them for his/her E34.

MGarrison

Well, hell, if you ain't workin' just yet, surely you have the time to go back to the IBM parking lot and steal them back.... :p

M3Driver guest

Read my mind....go for it...:D

Autohaus guest

I haz this on my mind but here is how it would go down:

Me: I see/approach beater e34 and I see my center caps on it
    Security Guard: Sir, what are you doing?
    Me: I am taking my center caps back because this guy stole em!
    Security Guard: Your under arrest!
    Me: :mad:

MGarrison

lol - I think you would have to employ a greater degree of subterfuge than that! :p

Autohaus guest

4 used caps are coming my way next week from Cali so all is good.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

If they sent you the wrong kind, let me know. It has happened to someone else I know and I actually needed the ones he got.

Autohaus guest

Will do. However, if they are wrong, then :mad::mad::mad::mad: