Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Stanley Cup Playoffs are here!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drummerfc, Apr 13, 2009.

drummerfc

Hey all...

Besides being a BMW enthusiast, I am most certainly a BIG hockey fan :D ! And those of you who are with me know that this is the BEST time of year to be a hockey fan...the playoffs start this week, and IMHO the SC playoffs are THE best tournament in all of sports. With the exception of March Madness, I can't think of a championship event that is as intense, as grueling, and as unpredictable as the Stanley Cup.:eek: You need 4 rounds of 4 wins, a total of 16, regardless of your regular season finish, and it's war. Super Bowl? NAAHHHH - too packaged, too commercial, and it's only one game. World Series? Great series - and the Phils won in '08 - but let's be honest - there's no hitting!

With this in mind, if you're a hockey fan, sound-off...who's your team, what's their strengths/weaknesses, and what's your prediction for the playoffs if they made it? If your team didn't make the playoffs, your thoughts are welcome too...who are your finalists and who will win the Cup?

For me it's the Philly Flyers...strength is scoring and special teams, weaknesses are lack of intensity and a propensity to take off stretches of games. My prediction - they will lose to Pittsburgh in 7 games. If they had won yesterday and taken home-ice in this round, I would have picked them to win this series...but their lapses will kill them as Pittsburgh is like a poisonous snake in the grass waiting to strike with Malkin/Crosby/et al.

Cup finalists? I think this is San Jose's year - they will win it from the STINKIN' :mad: NJ Devils.

Autohaus guest

Lets Go Rangers!

drummerfc

GRRRR...:mad:

;-D

Autohaus guest

I meant to say:

Hartford Whalers :)

Brian A

Go Sharks!

drummerfc

Ahhhh - old school!!

"Ladies and Gentlemen...YOUR Hartford WHALERS!! Da da da dadada da da...da dadadada daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" :eek:

In other words you're rooting for the Canes...

drummerfc

Rough one the other night. Anahiem, like Pittsburgh, appears to be back on the upswing.

We are in trouble :mad: and I'm not surprised.