Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Stain on the instrument cluster..

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by rlubocki, May 7, 2008.

rlubocki guest

Hello,

I have a detailing question.. I have a almost new Z4, and the only cosmetic thing wrong that bothers me is the instrument cluster, the clear plastic has a water stain. I researched that that the clear plastic is not interchangeable, I will need to buy the whole cluster unit... I tried cleaning with a micro fiber damp rag, but did not clean it off. Is there a product that will target this stain, that is not abrasive? I thought the stain was from the inside, but the dealer insists its on the outside... I appreciate any feedback...

330indy1

weird.

Did you try some mild vinegar/Windex? If it is a hard water stain, that should work to dissolve the minerals...
    I would NOT use anything abrasive as it will scratch the plastic and possibly make it worse.

rlubocki guest

Thank you!

I only tried water, but I guess water wont remove any mineral stains. I will try the vinerar, and use a microsuade rag, it might dissolve.. Thank you for your time!!
    Robert