Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Site screen contrast

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by mrl325i, Mar 7, 2008.

mrl325i

Not to nitpick too much -- the new site looks good -- but the light blue and gray type is a bit hard on the eyes.

TeamStowell We love driving!

It might be my 45 year old eyes, but I agree about the light shade used for the print.

mjweimer

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments listed above.

The black type used when composing a post is much easier to read on the grey background than the lighter shade used in the actual forums.

MGarrison

Are you guys referring to the main banner near the top of the page? (Home, News, Events, Forums, Reviews, Gallery etc?)

In the forums, I see the reply screen has a light grey background, but the background of forum posts appears white to me, and I notice only the slightest difference in the text between the forum posts and the reply screen, which I wouldn't have noticed without it being mentioned here.

Sounds like it may in part be a contrast difference due to display or display setting - my 44 year old lifelong-nearsighted eyeglass-corrected vision so far hasn't had much problem, with whatever my graphic settings are and 9 year old crt display - but it does sound like from your description that what you're seeing would be visually difficult, even if my display isn't showing the exact same contrast/colors you guys are seeing.

Perhaps they could make some aspects of the color schemes user-configurable for members?