Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sirius Issue

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by FJP3, Feb 23, 2009.

FJP3 guest

I ordered my 2009 335i from dealer stock. It did not include the Sirius Radio option, however, so I opted to have it dealer installed prior to delivery. I took delivery on January 15 2009 and the dealer told me that the Sirius receivers were on backorder from the factory and that they would owe me the Sirius installation. I called the dealer over a month later and he told me that the receiver is still on backorder.

Anyone have a similar experience???

pseto

hopefully you got something in writing saying they owe you the headunit. its not shocking to me that any part is on national backorder. it definitely happens from time to time

BMWtoyz guest

Sirius radio avoided bankruptcy with bailout money, so at least you may have them on the air for a few more weeks, after that who knows?

FJP3 guest

I may be crazy but dumb I'm not. Got a written "WE OWE" invoice from Sales Manager

davahad

I ordered Sirius and it took almost 1 month for BMW to get the parts. They did finally arrive and was installed last week. Now I hope that Sirius stays in business!!

adrean8j guest

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Sirius radio changing to a new model radio? (I dunno the exact date but I seem to recall reading something about it.)

pseto

i guess its possible, i didnt know of a new sirius radio was available. can it be retrofitted?

btw for those of us that have sirius in our cars, we cant upgrade to the Best of XM b/c the old CPE isnt compatible. i was pretty disappointed when i found out b/c i was excited when XM/Sirius merged.

bseli guest

"Best of XM upgrade"

When I called Sirius to activate my unit right after taking delivery of my '09 335i, the gal tried to get me to sign onto the "Best of XM" package and never once mentioned it not being available for my vehicle. Now that I have access to Howard Stern, I can live without Opie & Anthony on XM and chose not to take advantage of this option (the Infiniti I traded in for my Bimmer had XM with the "Best of Sirius" package).

Pseto - do you know if this apparent inability to upgrade to the "Best of XM" applies to all factory equipped vehicles with Sirius (including the 2009 model year)?

ldkrebs guest

Still can't get Sirius Receiver

Like many of you, I'm still waiting for my dealership to install a Sirius receiver in my 2007 328Xi Coupe. I bought the CPO car in Dec 2009, and haven't heard a thing about being able to get the receiver installed. I have the factory prep option and I keep seeing that receivers are available on websites, but I've not gotten any word from the dealership.

What are my possible options? Is anyone else in this same boat?

ldkrebs guest

Update to SiriusXM Receiver Issue

I was told just a few days ago, by my local BMW dealer that they now are starting to see SiriusXM receiver ship and that I should see one soon. Has anyone else gotten good news that the availability of the receivers is getting better?