Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sirius and the 645Ci

Discussion in 'E63/E64 (2004-2010)' started by WinZiggy, May 22, 2008.

WinZiggy guest

I recently purchased a 2004 654Ci. The dealer told me that it wasn't pre-wired for sirius radio because it's an early production model.

Does anyone have and suggestions on how I can get Sirius in the car without having to use a docking station and without screwing up the computer either?

I saw one site, bavariansoundwerks.com, that might have something that works, but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried them and what their experience was.:confused:

Thanks

Jonathan Spira guest

If it indeed were possible, you might have to spend close to $1000 to achieve this. I've seen a few people post information which leads me to believe it MIGHT be possible but I have not seen anyone post anything definitive.

I would instead recommend you install the iPod retrofit kit and enjoy music from your iPod. This should cost around $500.

WinZiggy guest

Thanks for the response. I asked an installation expert about this yesterday and he implied that something is in the works for this sort of situation. Apparently it's not just a BMW "problem," but other non-US brands as well. I'll just have to wait and see:(

Scott C. guest

2002 M3 BMW factory radio question

When I speed up in the M3 the radio increases volume and decreases volume as I slow down. It is driving me crazy. Is there a way to manually disengage this feature? I bought the car used and did not come with a radio manual. The face plate of the radio says "Business", which I think is the model type. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Peace.