Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Selling an E36

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by drewross23, Feb 28, 2022.

drewross23

Hi all,

Im having trouble finding a fair price for a good condition 1996 328is. It has about 118000 at the time of writing this post. I'm going to be doing a trade in soon to a dealership for a newer 3 series and want to know what kind of negotiation power I have. If anyone has any good information on price ranges that would be great.

email is dross72304@gmail.com if your interested in buying the car as well.

MGarrison

Personal sale vs. trade-in, typically I think it's expected you can sell a vehicle yourself for more than you'll get on a trade-in. Despite the factors of current car-supply issues, I'd doubt old used vehicles as trade-ins represent much of anything to a dealer than part of the picture to close sales. Some dealers are enthusiast-owned, although my guess is that would be the exception,. If it doesn't represent a fast-turnover chance for the dealer I'd guess it's just as likely to head off to a local auction, regardless of how good you know it is for whatever reasons. Only enthusiasts are going to appreciate enthusiast-type tweaks, mods, or factors.