Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Seattle area mechanic

Discussion in 'Puget Sound Chapter' started by Wronsky, Mar 12, 2012.

Wronsky

I've recently relocated here from a sojourn on the right coast. I'm looking for a shop to care for my 2002 530i and 1998 Z3 near downtown Seattle.

dwholland

I am trying out Strictly BMW this wednesday for a few things and will let you know how they do

prowlerflyer

Anyone have a recommendation for a shop to the north end of the Seattle area or Bellingham ( I am in Anacortes)? Preferably one that is performance orientated or has a dyno.

charlson89

I would ask your chapter they might know a good shop.

prowlerflyer

Isn't this in Puget Sound Chapter forum?

MGarrison

Most chapters run their own websites, some of which may include their own message forums, and many these days also have their own facebook pages, or perhaps utilize other social media options. BMWCCA.ORG is the club's national website - relative to club membership (approx. 70k members across the country), the numbers participating here on the national forums are relatively scant, so it would just be a matter of chance if somebody local to you happened to be a regular here with a good answer for you.

You could use the Chapter finder page on the 'CCA site here, but I'll save you the hassle -

Puget Sound BMWCCA chapter website: http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bmwpugetsound

You probably stand the best chance of getting an answer from someone local, try Puget Sound contacts, search their forums page, register there & pose the question on their forums, or the FB page.

If you don't have any luck with that, you can see what you can find from the links listed here:

See: https://www.bmwcca.org/forum/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-repair-shop-start-here.10432/

bluptgm3

SalishZ

I tried Strictly BMW (Bellevue) once based on Mike Miller's recommendation of members of Bimmrs.org. Others may have a very different opinion, but I was not at all happy with the experience. They were very reluctant to spend time answering questions, which surprised and disappointed me. Their rates are quite reasonable, and they graciously opened their doors to me after I arrived to pick her up a little after hours. But I was unimpressed with the quality of their work. When they called to let me know it was ready, they mentioned that the front washer system was inoperable. I knew this, and told them fine, thanks, it can wait. But when I arrived I found the last of the washer fluid draining from the tank onto the pavement. And they seemed to have forgotten to properly re-attach the radiator fan after inspecting the fan clutch, so it rattled around under the hood on my way home.

I used Signature Independent BMW (Kirkland) for a few years, too. They seem quite honest and their rates are quite low, but they've made a few too many mistakes for my taste. They seem to hire less experienced techs and work as fast as they can, making their money on volume. I'd suggest trying them if you're on a tight budget and their location is convenient - so you can more easily bring your car back as needed to finish the job.

I've used Car Tender (Seattle-Capitol Hill) for the past couple of years and I love working with them. Service writers and techs seem very knowledgeable and spend as much time with me as I like, answering questions and making recommendations. They seem to know BMWs of all eras inside and out, and their work has been almost flawless. They'll give you a range of options following a diagnosis, will tell you clearly whether the issue needs immediate attention or can wait a while, and don't try to coerce you into any decision. And if they happen to make a mistake, they admit it readily and offer fair recompense without your having to ask.

Their rates are up there, and by default they seem to find the most expensive parts available, but they'll work with you up to a point trying to track down cheaper OEM sources, and are always happy to let you do the shopping if you like. If you like to treat your BMW to the best, I highly recommend them.
    haroldW likes this.