Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Satallite Radio Stations - Indentifing Icons

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by leland, Aug 4, 2016.

leland

2013 535i MSport 32K miles. The box next to the satellite station playing is black with no identifying information on this car. However, some FM-HD stations show their station icons. I have driven 2015 and 2016 5 series loaners while mine has been in for service and noticed on both years the satellite station identifiers show. I have not been able to get an answer from the local dealer's BMW genius regarding my car showing this information.
    Any information is appreciated.

charlson89

Not sure I'm clear on what identifying information you are talking about? Any pictures of the difference?

leland

Yes. The first pic is the screen while on a satellite station. Note the black box on the left with no station identification information. The other pic is one of the FM - HD stations that shows the station identification.
    The 2015 and 2016 5 series I drove displayed the station indemnification for all satellite stations.

The pics are to large to upload. Do you have an email I can use to send them to you?

Thanks. You're always very helpful and knowledgeable.

charlson89