Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Roadster homecoming

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by wiggsjww, Mar 12, 2008.

wiggsjww guest

I'm a 2003 Z4 owner, and I just joined BMWCCA. There was an event in SC last summer for Z3 and Z4 owners called Roadster Homecoming. Will there be a similar event this year? I live in north Florida and would drive up for it. Thanks, Joe.

AZGregM

Looks like there will be, check with the website for it for more info, http://bmwroadsterhomecoming.com/. Last year was the 11th Homecoming, been to 5 of them myself, they are always a blast and well worth the trip, the events future is more uncertain of course after roadster production moves to Regensburg.

wiggsjww guest

oops... 2007

Thanks for suggestion, but the homecoming Web page you referenced is for 2007. It's confusing because Google makes it look like 2008. Nope! I'd already seen this. Here's hoping someone has 2008 news...

moonridur guest

I went to HC in 2006 (10th annual) and had a blast! The site is usually updated for current year's activity around June.

popzahler guest

Need 2008 Homecoming Ticket

I am looking for a ticket to the 2008 Z homecoming in SC. If you have a ticket and can not attend, please contact me and I will purchase it.
    Thanks
    Dennis Zahler
    popzahler@fuse.net

wiggsjww guest

Homecoming full

I saw no announcement of the 2008 Homecoming, so I don't have a ticket. I just tried to register, just as you obviously did, and was told registration is full. This is the last year for this event in the U.S., so it appears we're out of luck. I'm not very happy... I'd submitted a contact form after the 2007 homecoming last year asking to be notified when this event was announced. I've seen nothing in any publications and I've received no e-mail. Not good, BMW, not good. Kenn Sparks may be Manager of Corporate Communications, but he doesn't communicate with us owners!
    :(

lcjhnsn

The announcement was made on the website. To the best of my knowledge, BMW has never used any means of announcing Roadster Homecoming other than the website.

On 15 May the site was updated with pictures from last years event and a note from Ken Sparks said keep an eye on the website because the date for 2008 registration would be posted soon.

On 11 June, the site was updated again and the official registration day was set as Saturday 21 June. Registration opened at about 11:45 am on the 21st and filled up in about 2 hours which was only a little faster than the 3 or so hours it took last year. This would indicate that there were a significant number of folks that knew when registration was going to open without any other form of communication.

It's unfortunate you missed all that, since it was also officially announced that this will indeed be the last BMW Roadster Homecoming to be sponsored by BMW Manufacturing Inc. But, you should add yourself to the waiting list anyway. There is typically a steady stream of cancellations as the summer rolls along. There are also rumors that BMW may lift the limit later in the summer to accommodate more folks since it is the last time they will throw one of these shindigs.

I hope you make it in