Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Roadside Assistance

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by fpshureih, Nov 11, 2009.

fpshureih guest

Hello,
    I own 3 BMW's, a 3 series, x3, and a 650 and the other day one i had to give roadside a call for the 3 series. When i called to report the problem i had received the answer that they can not help me because they only have the 650 on file and none of the other cars. In order to help me they would charger me. Is this normal? If only one car is allowed on this policy then is there any way i can change the car they have one file?

Any help would be great.

Thank You

Pete540

Do you have the BMWCC Premier Membership? If so, I don't recall that i saw a prior notification on vehicles owned.
    • Staff

executive director

multiple cars

I am very sorry you received that response when you called in for assistance. It would be news to me if this limitation existed. I have a call into our provider right now to rectify this matter. Would you mind sending me a private e mail with your direct contact information and I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Frank

frank_patek@bmwcca.org

Pete540

Hi Frank, Any update on what their policy is? Some of us add or replace cars, and who remembers to do this. As long as they find your name I expect that they will respond. Thanks ,Pete
    • Staff

executive director

All,

I do have an update and I am very sorry that I have not posted sooner. Am in Minnesota watching the first press run of Roundel with our new printers and a little behind in my correspondence.

There is no limitation on the cars you own that are covered under our plan. The plan follows you, the owner, and not the car. In fact we do not ask you for a list of your cars when you sign up for Premier Membership.

In the above matter the member has a policy on his car purchased from his dealership that is with the same provider who supports our program. That program is car specific and there was a mix up with the Operator when he called in. We are working with the provider now to make sure that does not occur in the future.

My best advice is to be sure to reference your Premier Membership number when you call in and if you ever have any problems to call the number on the back of your card or our office immediately.

Frank