Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Ring Taxi and Nurburgring Laps

Discussion in 'European Delivery' started by bimmergeek, Nov 6, 2009.

bimmergeek

Next June, my wife and I are heading to Europe to celebrate a life milestone together. We have two primary activities we want to do:

See the F1 GP in Valencia
    Drive the Nurburgring and ride the Ring Taxi, hopefully with Sabine. :)

I've been to the BMW Ring Taxi site and see that 2010 schedule slots haven't been released yet.

I'm wondering if any members have suggestions for making sure the trip to the ring is successful.

In addition to the Taxi, I want to drive the Nurburgring as well. I'm looking for any suggestions with that as well.

Thanks,
    Dave

az3579

I'd say good luck on the Ring Taxi. I've been told when I was interested in it a while back that they were sold out (or booked) all through next year, but I can't confirm this, so I suggest you keep checking the site (if that is where you saw the schedule).

bimmergeek

Thanks for the info, Botond.

az3579

I did a little bit more digging (1 minute of it, actually) and found the place you can order your ticket. I'm pretty sure you've been here before, but I'll post it anyway just in case:
    http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/en/fascination/ring_taxi/kaufen/ticket_limit.html

It does say no tickets are available, however. I wouldn't be surprised, as a tour of the 'Ring in an M5 sure as hell sounds like a vacation to me, and many people would think the same!

chaz58 guest

Anything specifically you are looking for? I wrote an article on this- maybe Satch will publish it before your trip. I woudl try to have someone who knows the track ride with you as a passenger to show you the line and the tricky parts. I do this on any track, especially the ring. Be flexible on your timing - the weather may close the track the day you want. It can be pretty busy on the weekend, but isn't bad during the week.