Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Restoring nonfunctional Comfort Access

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by DerekM33, Aug 5, 2013.

DerekM33

Here's a tip for persons with cars that have a non-functional Comfort Access. The CA on my 2007 335i coupe stopped working about a year ago. I put off having it repaired, because of the known cost of replacing the interior antenna, and stories of cars that have had this replaced, without correcting the problem. The other day I had to have the car battery replaced, and lo and behold the CA now works perfectly :). It appears that reduced battery voltage reduces sensitivity of the CA antenna to a level that prevents it from functioning.
    mrsbee likes this.

charlson89

Have you replaced your key batteries as well the panasonic ones that come originally with the vehicle quickly die and BMW now has a new supplier for these.

DerekM33

Yes, replacing the key battery was the first thing I tried and it didn't restore function. Replacing the main car battery was the change that restored Comfort Access functionality. I was really very surprised that that corrected the problem!!!!