Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Resetting Outside Temperature Display

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by johnsonx, Jun 4, 2011.

johnsonx guest

Please tell me how I can reset the outside temperature display on the dash (in front of the steering wheel). After a recent visit to the dealer for a battery replacement, I found my clock reset on the dash and on the radio display, but now I can't seem to get the outside temp display to reset. The dash display shows the current time (such as 3:15 p.m.) and, when I push the right-hand button on the dash, the time changes only to the corresponding 24-hour time. Push again and the display resets again to 3:15 p.m.

I cannot seem to reset the display to the base position where it will show time, MPGs, or outside temperature (Fahrenheit or Centigrade). The manual does not appear to have an obvious solution - just pushing the right-hand button is not working. Thanks for the help.

John in VA

Is there a button on the end of your turn signal stalk? You should be able to push that button a few times to get the temp, avg mpg, avg mph, time.

MGarrison

Don't have an E46, so can only venture a guess, but try playing around with those functions in the center console display/on-board-computer, and see if your manual, assuming you have one, clarifies the functions and getting them to display in the dash.