Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Replacing window motor

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by TeamStowell, Oct 25, 2008.

TeamStowell We love driving!

I need to replace the passenger window motor in our 83 635 Euro. The door is pulled apart and I don't see a logical way to get the old one out. Can anyone walk me through this? Thanks!
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

You have to remove everything! It is a real PITA, and no fun to get it lined back up again. The mirror frame is the front channel. You have to remove the glass, the mirror assembly and the regulator to do it.

Thanks for the info Paul... another post on another forum warned me of the same thing. I think I am better off taking it to a shop where they will spend 1/4 of the time getting it done and having it done right. I'll save my shade tree mechanic adventures for other projects where I will not get frustrated because I can't re-allign the window or remove the motor.

BTW.... love the avitar! There is more wisdom in Futurama than any other show I have watched in my 45 plus years.

"You know you've done the right thing when people don't know you've done anything at all."

Project update

Purchase of window motor $180
    Pay Eric to install it $56
    Not having to ask wife to
    run me and my severed
    fingers to the hospital Priceless

Now on to check the valves and make sure they are adjusted properly. This looks much less dangerous and much more "doable"! :)