Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Replacement tires for 2004 E46 with Sport Package

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Radegast, Mar 17, 2013.

Radegast

I am looking to replace my used Pirelli P 6000 225/45/R17 on my 2004 E46 with Sport Package. Any suggestions?
    I live in Phoenix where the roads are pretty decent to drive fast on but do not take the car to a track (except for driving schools). I am considering Falken Azenis FK 453, Falken FK Series 452, Continental Extreme Contact DW, Pirelli P Zero, and Michelin Pilot Super Sport, all in the same size. I know everybody will probably have a different opinion but I would appreciate any input on these tires.

MGarrison

Look at whatever climates you may drive in - if you never face anything more than rain and temperatures never any lower than, say, the 40's or 50's, and you want something usable every day that will perform on the track as well, it sounds like whatever the Tire Rack lists as their 1 or 2 top categories of summer performance tires may encapsulate options. I forget their category descriptions, maximum ultra-high mega-super-duper summer performance or something like that. Although perhaps less comparable across brands, you can use treadwear rating as a general treadlife gauge. The lower, the stickier they'll be, and the faster they'll wear out. After that, you can look at construction and tread pattern - also, see any buyer's reviews on their site, and see what fits your various performance, price, etc. criteria.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I agree: Go to the Tire Rack and see what others say. Don't limit the input to guys like us, or we'll be plugging our favorites, LIKE THE BRIDGESTONE RE-11!