Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

replaceing clear lense headlight covers on 325ci

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by 335 4ME, Nov 21, 2008.

335 4ME

You know how they get pitted, worn. McGuires Plastix does a good job of reviving a bit.
    Does anyone know if I also need to replace the headlight cover strips or can I just replace out the clear lenses. Pelican has the parts. A girly girl here but I research and learn.

Barbara

Jeron guest

They can be polished clear again. You need a few grades of wet sandpaper. There are kits for sale on Ebay for pretty cheap. The Ebay kits save you from having to buy more materials than necessary or a single job..

RedRocket

Headlight restoration

I just used the CV Headlight Restorer/Defogger kit. It comes in a shiny foil package, 7 inches by 10 inches. I got it at NAPA but have seen in Walmart. Cost is $20. Extremely pleased with results. Only takes 5-8 minutes per lens. Follow their instructions exactly. Use lots of water while sanding.

335 4ME

Appreciate he details and I will check this kit out.

BMWAutoSportGT

Just steer clear of BavAuto.... over $70 for each lens.. I just priced them for my wife's
    01 325i.

I'm was going to get mine at Pelican, but now that I read this I may reconsider and try the kit.