Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Remote/Comfort Access Problem Key Fob problem

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by Mikeswing, Feb 6, 2017.

Mikeswing

Hi everyone! I have a 2007 530i with comfort access. I've searched the forum here and haven't found an answer to what I'm looking for or I don't know how to search for what's going on with my BMW. I have a key fob problem. I have to be less than 10 feet away to use my remote to lock and unlock the car. If the key is in my pocket, the comfort access will work sometimes depending on how thick my pants are and how close I am to the door handles. Sometimes the car won't know the key is in my pocket while I'm in the car and I have the spare key & key fob and I have the same issue with it as well. That's why I don't believe it's the keys. I've replaced the key fob at my dealership and had them program it, I've replaced the battery in the key fob, and I've taken it to a local BMW independent mechanic to diagnose it. They came up with nothing and did not think it was the diversity antenna because they said they were able to test it. My local BMW of Austin just replaced the key fob battery again last week when I had the battery replaced. I told them about the issue but they haven't addressed it because it's still happening. I got my battery replaced and I had to leave so I didn't get to test it or show them the issue. I guess I'll personally show them what's going on next time I'm taking it in for something. Any ideas of what's wrong? I'm assuming that the car isn't getting a good signal from the key fob.
    • Technical Service Advisor

charlson89

Do you have any tint on the windows?