Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Reaction Test

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Arash2002tii, Oct 19, 2009.

Arash2002tii guest

http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/reaction/reaction_test.htm

Just a cool little reaction time test. My best average was .169 and my best single one was .147 (kind of lucky) I wonder if the reaction times of people who spend a lot of time on track or doing high performance driving is faster than people who don't.

CRKrieger

It's unlikely because this is largely controlled by individual physiology and we all slow down as we age. Those who do well on track are those who have learned what to look for far in advance of it happening and knowing what to do when it happens. This is not well-developed reaction time, but well-developed anticipation and experience. How else could someone like Paul Newman have been competitive in a GT-1/Trans Am car into his late 70s?

az3579

The only reaction time this might help is that tire-burning drag race at the 'strip.
    Hell, it might not even help that. lol

Arash2002tii guest

Didn't say it would help it, but I'm sure having a good reaction time on the strip would show positively in this test. I was more saying that say a fighter pilot's or F1 driver's reaction time would be higher than a normal person's because they are constantly being tested. But like stated before for a driver it may have to do more with having a feeling for the car and anticipation than actual reaction time.