Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Question about having joined BMWCCA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Wanderlustbob, Apr 2, 2009.

Wanderlustbob guest

When I joined the message board I also used a credit card and paid for a one year membership to the club. Like most anyone I want to make sure I take advantage of the club and enjoy the membership before I make a long term committment.

But even though I signed up for both the website and the club at the same time my user does not show me as a member. Any idea why?

Wanderlustbob guest

Testing avatar!
    • Staff

steven s

Charges are processed at the end of the day. Give it until tomorrow. Not sure why you come up with posts n/a.

Wanderlustbob guest

I joined on March 26, 2009 so its gone through lots of nights. Odly my profile shows it.

blondieNdre guest

Similarly I wondered the same thing, I hope after reading your post someone can enlighten us both. So sorry where are my manners, Welcome...if I get an answer I will let you know. Contacting customer service via email has proven to be a great start. I sent a question via email and she was very prompt in responding. Try that avenue and see where it takes you.

Wanderlustbob guest

I'll have to give that a try. I am also having the same issue with my local Houston TX chapter. I signed up the same day I did for BMWCCA but have yet to be accepted for the local chapter message board. I sent an email to the chapter Chair person but have not yet received any reply.

I have to admit to being a bit disapointed I found out about BMWCCA before purchasing my first BMW and was very excited about joining. Everyone here seems friendly and its an active message board and the local chapter seems active as well. I was so excited that the day after getting the car I joined immediately but still it doesnt show that I'm a member on my posts and I cant post on the local chapter at all.

Its kind of a pain because for work I travel frequently and have been in Canada for the last two weeks. I'm driving a rental a Toyotal Corolla and after only getting to drive my Bimmer for just a few days WOW do I feel the difference.

Bob
    Hou. TX
    E93 335i convertible
    Space Gray - Black Dakota Leather
    Sport Package Convenience Package
    Smart phone integration for I-Phone

blondieNdre guest

Bob,

Have you received your membership card in the mail yet? If so, look on the back of your card, it tells you the name and phone number of your local chapter representative, give that person a call or contact the National Office as I said before.

If its any consolation, I too cannot log onto the New York Chapter website, even after receiving confirmation and acknowledgment. I'm actually on vacation for the next few days, I'll make a few phone calls and see where that takes me. I'll keep in touch.

~Shelly

Wanderlustbob guest

I havent been able to check my mail because I am in Canada for work.

Okay laugh at me on this one but I so missed my car I stopped by the Edmonton BMW dealership just to see if they had anything in their parts department gift shop that I didnt see in Houston. LOL

I bought my car Wednesday March 25 and flew out Sunday the 29th and have been here since and driving a rental Toyota Corolla, EEK!

"There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

Darn didnt work, must need those ruby slippers!!!

Bob
    Hou. TX
    E93 335i Convertible
    Space Gray - Black Dakota Leather
    Sport Package Premium Package

CRKrieger

Looks like you're both officially 'in' here. Avatars, 'CCA logo & all.

Before you complain too much, please remember that most of this organization is run by volunteers, with paid staff only in the national office and producing the ROUNDEL magazine. We (I've been a board member, newsletter editor, and chapter president in the past and I continue to be a driving instructor.) all have 'real jobs' and lives and and therefore our club activities must necessarily be secondary to that.

That said, I would add that the updated membership lists are generated by the national office and, unless procedure has changed in the past 10 years or so, the database is still sent out to the chapters only once monthly. If you joined in March, especially in late March, your chapter may not 'know' until that list arrives via email sometime in April.

blondieNdre guest

Hi there again Bob,

I know how you feel. If ruby slippers would work, I'd start selling them myself. I love it when I get into my x5, its absolutely the best feeling in the world. I actually just got my car back after a month in the shop (long story), but since getting it back on Wednesday, I've found a million and one reasons to just hop in and drive.

CR Krieger,

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time out to read and respond to "our" posts, but in no way were "we" complaining. Sometimes reading through posts you find that others are actually wondering similar things, have had or are expierencing similar thing, which was the case here. Innocent inquires, nothing more.

And I extend a curtsie to you and to the other volunteers who chose to make a commitment to partake in the BMW CCA experience, it is appreciated. Your input shed light on the processing and behind the scenes efforts.

Yes, we are 'avatared'.
    • Staff

steven s

Still once a month. Usually around the 17th, give or take a couple days.

Wanderlustbob guest

I also want to say thank you. I appologize if it came accross as complaining. I promise it was truly dissapointment only because I was so excited to find out that there was such a club for BMW. I had friends who belonged to a Camero club before and got to join them at a few of their events and had a good time so when I discovered on the BMW website that this organization existed I was very excited at the opportunity.

I do realize that everyone is a volunteer and appreciate those efforts very much. It is also great to see that this is an active message board because as much as I travel for work I now know even when I'm away from home I can keep up with the club.

I think part of my frustration was just being homesick. I only got to drive my Bimmer 4 days before heading to Canada for two weeks. I love my job and love the travel but sometimes it wears on a person. On my 2004 Toyota i traded in I only had a little less then 23,000 miles on it so that gives you an idea how little driving I get to do.

Anyway thanks again for your help.

Bob
    A very proud member of the group with an Avatar.

BIMMIR guest

What until your first edition of Roundel comes in. That will make you a happy camper!
    When mine comes in, my wife says something like, oh well, I'll see you tomorrow...

catmundu

hey bob! :) i am a houston chapter member also and a mod of our local forum. let me know what your screenname is on the local forum and i will contact the administrator and see if i can get your account activated sooner than later.

welcome to you both! :D

Wanderlustbob guest

You all are just too kind. Thank you, I actually applied under the exact same name "Wanderlustbob".

catmundu

you're welcome, bob! you should be good to go. :)

Wanderlustbob guest

Thank you so much Cat I am posting there already.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Glad it's working for you kids!

Yarrh, welcome to the asylum!

Bob, the reason they MAKE rental cars is so you'll appreciate your BMW!

As for whoever promised you that you can look forward to Roundel Magazine, I hope you like it. It's full of writing 'n' stuff.

:D :D :D

az3579

Don't forget the pretty pictures!

Wanderlustbob guest

I only read magazines for the articles!!!

Never looking at the women ugh, ummm cough, cars. LOL

This time in Cali I am in a Kia. EEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!
    Missing my 335!!!!