Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Quarter Mile times

Discussion in 'Drag Racing' started by Halfazn7, Mar 11, 2008.

Halfazn7 guest

I'm a new member to CCA. But i'm not new to BMW's. I'm a owner of a 2002 E46 M3. Previous I owned a 2000 323i but I sold it to my girlfriend.
    Anyways, I'm surprised that no one has posted anything in this Drag Racing forum. I was wondering what you guys clocked on your quarter miles times? I ran a 13.4 when my car was stock in June. (Check out my ride at www.dragtimes.com.) I can't wait to test out my new mods to see my improvement.
    Since then I've installed: AFE CAI, Bav Auto High Performance ignition coils, Denso Iridium spark plugs, and a Shark Injector Power Programmer.
    I'm hoping to get into the High 12's with my new bolt ons. Maybe mid 12's with my new launch technique.

Musikpro guest

Where to go in San Diego?

Hey, where can I find out about locations I can go to test out my car? I have a 2005 325i, and I'm eager to see what it can do!

330indy1

generally Bimmer-heads aren't about drag racing

We're more about auto-cross and handling.
    by the way, nice to have a girlfriend that buys your car. Still together? :D

Musikpro guest

I'm with you there

I'm not really looking to drag race, but yes I do want to test the handling. When and where are autox in san diego Area?

bimmerque

I ant dragged my bimmer, but I've dragged my 73' Small Block all the time. :cool:
    I can pull high 12 on a good day! "ITs a BEAST! :D

welcom to the party Fam!

ltfadl guest

I love to drag race, I am in the middle of a e30 turbo project just for drag, and every once in a while take it to road course days.

once I get some numbers I will post them here with a time slip.

woodym3

EdJake318Ti guest

when i get my licences I'll let you know. :)

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

1991 E34 M5 times...

Just for fun, we did a test and tune Friday at our local drag strip. I am NOT a drag racer and had never done that before. With stock tires, 3/4 tank of gas 220lb driver and a 3800lb 4-door family car I was able to rip off a 13.8 at 103mph at 1,970 ft. It has a 3.6 liter with a D'Sylva chip only and no other mods. HP is estimated at 330-340 on 91-92oct.

Just thought I would add, after years of instructing at DE's and auto crossing, I found this drag racing the least satisfying. I had much more fun watching/feeling the big boys tear down the track. I might have enjoyed it more if I had a car that was set up specifically for this.

This is just my opinion and I hope those of you BMW owners who enjoy this sport go out there and show what BMW can do!!! These are immensely capable cars and would do well with lightening, proper tire, a good driver and some mods. Just do a search on you tube for BMW Drag Racing. There is, for example, a 1300hp turbo M5 like mine that was running in the 7's.....insane. I think it is "VS Motorsports" Enjoy and good luck to you.....

applegit guest

1/8 mile fun

I am a regular visitor at the local test and tune. $7 watch or run. Best entertainment value in town. Win or lose, I have fun!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Who asked about San Diego?

We autocross at Qualcomm. . . with the course usually over a mile long!

The season starts in February.