Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Product Reviews

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by Arthur B Fisch, Jul 20, 2011.

Arthur B Fisch

For those of you restoring or repairing your vehicles, I will have upcoming product reviews for Allsher Interiors, VANOS rebuild(Beisan Systems), Mason Engineering Clutch Arm install, etc. in the coming month.

I hope their are other contributions for this subject in this Forum.

abfisch

Arthur B Fisch

This is for a 1995 BMW M3, build date 8/95.

Vano Rebuild Kits-Well worth it if you have the time. Materials are better than OEM. Need bench, vise, and a torque wrench measured in inches. Directions are very meticulous from the company Beisan Systems.

Mason Engineering Clutch Arm- Have to work on your back under the steering column. Not at all easy access. Busted the slave cylinder doing it. Bummer. Good quality arm, metal instead of plastic. Cruise switch did not line up, so had to fabricate a little furniture pad to hit the switch. A little faster engagement but not worth the tumult.

Allsher Interiors-Had them reupholster the door panels. Not good. Rush job. Talked a good game on the phone. Got panels back, inserts were not glued. Mailed back, then took excessively long to fix. Mailed back to me. Cut out for the door latches to open the door were cut too short. Painful. Would not do again. Would order a cowhide from Hidehouse in California, get some DAP HHR Contact Cement, take the entire winter time and do it my way. Did the headliner and A/C pillars and came out as good as they did. Fair price though.

Turner Motorsport Sway Bar Kit F/R. Very very good. Tried the Hotchis Set up first, which was robust. Unfortunately, the rear reinforcements, with the AA aftermarket exhaust would not clear the rear bar. Returned item. TMS bars fit great except needed a adj. link, another $100. Which they would have told me that in the beginning. Very good quality and Fit and finish. Don't have to lubricate it so lower maintenance. Like it. Made the ride smoother, not rougher matched to my H & R OEM springs. Terrific bump.

AA exhaust. Sound quality and fit and finish, unbelievable. Perfect. No cabine drone. A little exhaust burble. Lovingly to hear. The only CON is the tips are not staggered. But the quietest performance exhaust for the M3. The Stromung looked also nice but louder.

MGarrison

Thanks for the reviews, interesting to hear.

I'll look forward to your next update on August 9th, 2015. ;)
    charlson89 and kgmoodyz3 like this.