Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Procedure for connecting Satellite radio to shark fin antenna?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by dsteuerman, Jun 7, 2008.

dsteuerman guest

I just bought a 2006 330i and I believe it may have satellite radio capabilities on the internal radio. I just purchased a new Sirius Stelleto 2, which I really like and would mind keeping this . I don't really want to install the Sirius antenna in addition to the shark fin antenna that is already mounted on the roof.
    The dealer told me that one of the service techs took his portable radio and was able to connect it to the satellite antenna under the shark fin.
    Does anyone know how to perform this procedure? Is there already details posted somewhere? I tried searching the forums but didn't see anything.

I did read that other have mounted the antenna inside the car in the rear window but reception wasn't always that great.

Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Jonathan Spira guest

You either have sat radio as an option or you have the wiring for it (satellite prep I believe it's called).

If you have satellite prep, you can purchase BMW's radio from the dealer and it will install seamlessly.

If you want to hook up a non BMW radio to the aerial, it's probably a lead in the trunk but you would be better off speaking to the tech who (as you mention) already performed this mod. and getting the information straight from the horse's mouth.

dako66 guest

Has anyone actually hooked up a factory Sirius Module to the shark fin? I want to buy the trunk mounted module but do not want another antenna in an 05 325xi with assist.

Thanks