Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Poll: Last off the line?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TxFeatFan, Jan 11, 2011.

bcweir

I'd be as surprised as anyone to see somebody pull that off

Especially since front wheel drive cars tend to be very nose heavy, with the entire drivetrain in the front of the vehicle.

Although with a set of really powerful FRONT brakes and almost no weight in the rear, it might be possible to do a CARTWHEEL. Not recommended - so please hold the angry emails, safety mavens.

tiFreak

in reverse, duh :p

bcweir

That's still at least a few hundred pounds in the front you have to overcome.

You're going to need one heck of a headstart -- in reverse. Hope nobody's behind you.

tiFreak

nah, doing it in reverse will life the rear tires, it's physics :D your "hope nobody's behind you" statement still applies though ;)

TxFeatFan

Define "understeer" in that scenario.

Front wheel drive, driving autocross in reverse....

Would that bump us out of X3 class? :confused: We may need a ruling from Dan Baker on that one.

Zeichen311

I don't know about Dan Baker, but I bet Cannon Ball Baker would approve. ;)

I hated those POS cars. One of my college jobs was working as a mechanic's assistant/gas jockey at a service station. The Granada/Monarch/Versailles had a screw-off gas cap and the filler pipe was horizontal at the exit. Accordingly, you had to hold the flaming nozzle for the whole fill-up instead of using the latch and the automatic shut-off. So, instead of servicing several customers at one time, you were nursing one special boob with the POS car.

OK............I'm calmed down now.