Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

PlakSICKo Burr@$$

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Dec 3, 2008.

Autohaus guest

Plaxico Burress, what a complete idiot on several accounts:

1) He claims he took the gun into the club because of his jewelry, money, this and that, blah blah blah...
    2) If you need to bring a gun because of fear people might have a beef with you, don't go!
    3) He should have hired body guards. You just signed a $35 million dollar contract (not gauranteed) but you got $11 million up front!!!!!
    4) Wearing sweat pants to a club:

a. I used to go clubbing like every Thursday, Friday and Saturday back in my younger days and I always made sure I looked decent (ie non baggy jeans, collared shirt, cologne, etc...). No way in hell I was gonna go to a club wearing sweat pants and even if I did I wouldn't be allowed in.

2. All his riches and he is wearing sweat pants to a club :confused: Assuming he had $50K of jewelry on him, why wear sweat pants?????????????? Did he have Ked's sneakers on too and a Fisher Price watch??????

d. Everyone knows that wearing sweat pants=not keeping things in your pockets for long. What idiot would have a glock in his/her sweatpants and expect for it to stay in the pockets :confused:

As a long time Giant fan, I don't want that bum around anymore (already DUNN for the season) but I hope they won't bring him back next season IF he somehow avoids jail time. Still I feel the Giants have the best WR core around in the NFL overall. Toomer, Smith, Hixon, Sinorice Moss and Mario Manningham (they need for him to play). Hopefully Manningham won't become another Plax. As for Antonio Pierce....all I gotta say is say it ain't so. We need him to lead the defense. As long as he tells the truth I think he will be ok. But as of now he is not out of the woods yet.

On an ending note:

If I go out with any of you guys to a BMW meet, dinner, event, etc.... and you shoot yourself in the leg, don't make me attempt to hide the weapon :)

bradley01 guest

I cannot agree with you more. I think the NFL should impose a STRICT zero-tollerance policy AND STICK WITH IT!!! These idiot thugs that they are signing are really ruining the reputation of the NFL and personally I am getting sick of it! They are professionals and they should act like it! Offenders should be banned for life! ...taking a gun to a club...pshhhh....no excuses!

kkratoch

I have no problem with taking a gun to a club, BUT the thing should be registered and the person carrying it should have a valid carry permit in accordance with the laws of whichever state they are in. Also, the idiot should have been wearing pants with a belt and used a holster made for concealed carry.

Other than that, I fully agree with you. The NFL should create strict rules AND enforce them. These guys are so called role models for our children.

bradley01 guest

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific...and open-minded. I live in a state with no concealed carry law. (and one of only about TWO state without it) And I hate it! You are ABSOLUTELY right...if he had a permit for the gun, then I have no problem with it. I am assuming that he did not have a permit or that concealed carry was illegal where he was since he got busted. QUIT BREAKING THE LAW A$$HOLES!!! :D

Like you said...they are role-models for children! Step up!

Autohaus guest

Mayor BUMberg should keep his mouth shut about how he wants to "make sure Plaxico gets the 3.5 years in prison". First of all, please shut up. You are the one who wants to get the biggest suite at the new Yankee Stadium, all the food and parking FOR FREE and bill the taxpayers. The average fan cannot afford the ridiculous ticket prices for the new Yankee stadium so the only "so called fans" at the new ballpark will be corporate/politician greedy thieves. Plus, he has the ordasity to want to change the law so he can run for a 3rd term. Biggest hypocrite around :mad:

Autohaus guest

A co-worker of mine knows a Giant insider who was on the phone with him when Plax walked by crying yesterday when he reported to the Giants. What a pity....

az3579

Am I the only one who thinks these people shouldn't be paid so frickin much to play football? I mean seriously; I haven't seen a single "celebrity" not get into trouble in one way or another, be it a musician, athlete, actor/actress, whatever. If you reduced their pay to, say, a normal person's salary, I'm sure they wouldn't get into nearly as much trouble as they seem to easily walk into nowadays.

If you're a professional athlete and I've heard of you or know who you are, GET A LIFE. Stop making the news about the stupid crap that you do.
    To all of those who I haven't heard about; keep up the good work. If I haven't heard about you, then you must be doing something right.

Autohaus guest

Take Derek Jeter for example. His head is on straight. He probably brings home like $550K every two weeks from the Yankees and thats not counting how much extra he makes from endorsments. He doesn't get into any kind of trouble or publicity (except for women) :). Please don't get me started on A-Rod :rolleyes:

kkratoch

I think you are on to something here. Money just goes to some peoples' heads. They think they are above the law and that they can buy their way out of trouble. I think it all boils down to character though. An honest man, no matter how much money he has, will stay out of trouble while shady individuals will get into trouble whether rich or poor.